Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Wednesday, January 11, 2012

skating, sledding, popcorn, wii, and other things

on 12/11 I wrote:
 I am making my way through the chore list today.  So far, its been a day of stirring beef stew, loading and unloading the dishwasher, Christmas cards, but none of that before getting my truck jump started and driving around charging it up.  I stopped by an auto parts store to have the battery tested.  I asked the guy if any of the batteries he tested ever passed the test.  Surprisingly, mine did.  It had 360 CCA's, in case you were wondering.  I should clean out the thing too...it's pretty bad.  I am afraid of what I might find though.


Never did post that one.


I tried again to post on 12/28, but apparently got off track then too!  


So I thought, well, its been over a month why not take a break from work and distract myself with this.  A lot has been going on.  I started a new contract position, where the work is definitely very cool.  Has to do with expanding community capacity with regards to adverse childhood experiences.  I am still doing my other gigs, too, so I am well over 40 hours a week.  I have been collecting some good tunes, too.  Listening now to The Black Keys and eating chocolate chip cookies post lunch.  Out the window it is a pretty day...I may go for a walk here shortly.  hey, federal prisoners get 15 minutes of natural sunlight a day, I should too.  


Went sledding last weekend.  Beware!  They are charging money to park at the sledding hill now.  I lucked out and someone leaving gave me their pass (all that clean living) but it can cost up to $30 to park there.  The bastards!  


Skyler stayed over with the kids last weekend.  He is a good kid, I guess they all are :)  Here is a video of the kids Will, Elizabeth, Megan, and Skyler.
We all had a really good time.  We went to the skate park on Saturday, too.  Watched a movie and played video games the rest of the time for the most part.  


Christmas went well, and so did New Years.  I think all total we had four Christmas' what with sets of grandparents, and such.  Sandy and I had NYE just ourselves.  Very nice.  We watched the space needle fireworks from the balcony.  Not as impressive as the 4th of July on the balcony, but it was still a pretty good display.   It was my first time trying to use the video camera, and it showed so no video of that.  I think it would be cool to get a tripod for such occassions.  


Gonna try to get a hike in this week.  Will be nice to get out.  Well, back to work for me.  More later, I'm sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment