Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I can finally talk about it...The Stanley Cup Report

Thank you all for your condolences for still having to wear this NJ Devils cap.  Know that I am upbeat and went through the 7 steps rather quickly.  Some of you may not have been aware that I had this condition.  We don't have to bring it up.

Thanks Angie, for hanging out when no one else would; to cheer for a team she "felt funny about." (Angie being a Red Wings fan)  To my family who would let me completely ditch them on the phone if the game was on, I thank you for understanding.  To Merritt, who traded me labor (rigging his beams to fly) for a chance to see the game on the big screen and eat some grubbin' food. Maybe he'll submit photo's.  To the grocer at Eastlake Market who chose the Kings early in the tournament, ok I get it.  Bigger skaters + better puck handling = Stanley Cup win for the LA Kings.  

Special thanks to Sandy for giving me the remote during the struggle, and for her constant reassurance that I was out of my mind for rooting for the Devils.

I will try to put on my Canucks hat when I go out in public, but you gotta admit it would have been cool had NJ pulled it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment