Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pictures from the coast


This past weekend, a group of friends and I went out to the coast to camp a couple of nights at Shi Shi beach.    We had the most perfect weather you could ask for considering it was December!  I got a slight sunburn even :)  Temps got down to below freezing at night, and up to the mid-40's during the day.  I was able to finish knitting Elizabeth's scarf, and while I was out there, I taught myself how to darn a pair of socks.  Turned out to be a good repair, and now I can go to work on the pile of "holy" socks I have in my drawer.  Yesterday, I got the photo's from Mike.  Lots of great pictures for sure!  This one is of the coals of the campfire.  They turn purple because of the minerals that are soaked up from the ocean water.
 Here is the group!  L to R Mike, Merritt, Matt, Keith (Matt's dad) and myself...
 Mike and I on the way out...
 This is a picture of the Milky Way...it turned out sort of a purple in the picture...no way to show it, but talk about an awe inspiring night sky out there...phenomenal!
 Point of Arches from the log pile in front of our camp...
 Sunset...
 Evening sky...
 Sun is almost down...

No comments:

Post a Comment