Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Sunday, November 20, 2011

A nice weekend!

Was going to head over to mom's this weekend, but unfortunately we weren't able to go.  Instead, we stayed around home and had quite a bit of down time just hanging out.  I gave the kids some options for Saturday activities (I would only pay for one) and they chose ice skating!

 Elizabeth and I went grocery shopping Saturday after skating, and picked up some necessities...stuff for waffles and some bacon!

Here they are: The Waffle Brigade!

William and I did some sidewalk art.

And we all played on the playground!

After lunch, we headed to the Center for Wooden Boats, and played with their pond boats...until...SPLOOSH!  I look over from the bench and watch William take a header into the pond!  ACK!  It was totally slow motion!  By the time I got around the pond, he was out and we got him quickly out of his clothes and wrapped in a blanket and towel.  Poor guy, I felt bad for him but we had a good laugh, got home made some cinnamon rolls and spent the rest of the day stamping and embossing paper, courtesy of Sandy.  Man, do I ever feel blessed.   



No comments:

Post a Comment