Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Monday, November 21, 2011

Ummagumma

When I was four years old, I doubt my parents were listening to Pink Floyd.  I don't really remember what they were listening to.  Roy Clark and Buck Owens probably, which I still enjoy when I have to.  I remember being chased around the yard for something, and my mom wasn't able to catch me!  I remember throwing rocks with Ben Blackman and the police coming to our door.  I remember falling out of a plum tree.  I started kindergarten when I was four...that's right, an overachiever from the get go, a tendency thankfully crushed by lethargy and a system that rewards the average.

That whole moment of inertia, seems to take forever sometimes...

I am applying for another job.  It's part time, but it sounds fun and will fit with my other part time work.  If I get it, I am going to get a new economy-minded car.  It would be nice to get good gas mileage and not worry about the fortune in gas that I am spending to singlehandedly destroy the environment. 

I have to get busy again, and will hopefully not be distracted again soon by the chirping birds and splashing water...

No comments:

Post a Comment