Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Monday, November 8, 2010

A nice weekend :)

I had a great birthday weekend!  Friday night we stayed home, and I was able to get started opening presents :)  I got a new rain cover for my backpack, concert tickets, twelve socks, coffee money, and a very cool handmade card from my sweetheart! 


On Saturday, we went to SAM, and since we were getting free tickets we lolly-gagged and got there kind of late (hey, I don't have to get up early on my birthday!), so late in fact that we decided to pick up tickets for Sunday instead and headed to the yarn store for some inspiration and a skein on bulky wieght for kid hats.  From there we headed to Maritime Brewery in Ballard and had a dinner of apetizers of Deep Fried Pickles, Deep Fried Bacon (yeah thats right!), and a "spread platter" with various types of bread, then we came home and hung out.  Pretty chill.   I worked on and finished a hat that had been in the works for some time by crocheting a bit on the edges, and adding tassles to keep the flaps down.

Sandy worked on some cards she is making for a craft bazaar.  Sunday we got up and went to the Picasso exhibit and by the time we were done it was time to go see the kids.  Weekends just don't last long enough!  


No comments:

Post a Comment