Flying up side up

Flying up side up
All wobbly like
An old biplane crashes
Like a chick takes flight
Not at all like the phoenix.





Sunday, November 28, 2010

My knitting needles are hot!

Only a few more things left to knit for Christmas!  These are the latest three, for Skylar on the left, and Elizabeth (purple with pink hearts) and Megan (pink with purple hearts).  Pretty simple Fair Isle hearts that turned out really well I think! 
I am going to knit the girls a matching scarf with the leftovers from the skeins.  I might knit the scarfs on size 32's, which are about the size of a broomstick!  Manly sized needles, that's right!

The Thanksgiving weekend turned out ok after all.  Sandy and I went down to Portland to my brother's surprise birthday party Friday and stayed in a hotel in the Rose Quarter.  Got up Saturday morning and shopped a bit at some of Sandy's favorite places.  She bought some pretty cool things downtown and then we went to Alberta Street for more shopping then headed north to have dinner at her sisters.  Today was a kid day and I had a nice visit with the kids.  Megan was ready with a Christmas wish list, the other two are not quite so organized! 




No comments:

Post a Comment